Who needs a dash of hope heading into the weekend?
All week, I’ve come back to these verses. They’ve inspired me and lifted up my heart when I felt overwhelmed by the negativity of being in pain more often than not recently. These verses have helped me hold on to hope. I pray they do the same for you.
If you’re like me, you’ll want to read these beauties out loud and pray they soak into the walls of your heart as you do.
2 Corinthians 4:7-18
7. “Now we have this treasure in clay jars, so that this extraordinary power may be from God and not from us.
8. We are pressured in every way but not crushed; we are perplexed but not in despair;
9. we are persecuted but not abandoned; we are struck down but not destroyed.
10. We always carry the death of Jesus in our body, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body.
11. For we who live are always given over to death because of Jesus, so that Jesus’ life may also be revealed in our mortal flesh.
12. So death works in us, but life in you.
13. And since we have the same spirit of faith in keeping with what is written, ‘I believed, therefore I spoke,’ we also believe, and therefore speak.
14. We know that the One who raised the Lord Jesus will raise us also with Jesus and present us with you.
15. Indeed, everything is for your benefit, so that grace, extended through more and more people, may cause thanksgiving to increase to God’s glory.
16. Therefore, we do not give up. Even though our outer person is being destroyed, our inner person is being renewed day by day.
17. For our momentary light affliction is producing for us an absolutely incomparable eternal weight of glory.
18. So we do not focus on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.”
What Bible verses have given you hope lately?